There seem to be plenty of 2012 resolutions banded about at the moment, most of which were wishes of weight loss, most of these already broken by a New Years Day hangover breakfast. I decided to write my very own goals for 2012, although my first attempt at this was on the 12th July 2011 (or so WordPress tells me) You see, I have known for a while what I wanted 2012 to be, I just needed the courage to set a few wheels in motion. So here goes – some of what I hope to achieve this year;
1) Get to Edinburgh for the Comedy Fringe – Comedy is a massive passion of mine, so hopefully for my birthday in August I’ll be mixing with the best of them at the fringe. Fingers crossed on this one!
2) Dive at least once a month – I haven’t been regularly in the water for some time due to ankles and ears and their associated problems, so I have hunted down a new dive club and hope to get diving more often. It’s just a pain it’s an hour drive and then a few more to the sea – oh well!
3) Visit Barbados once more – Well, as it happens I’m going, it’s an open invite to all to come along – you can see the details here so I won’t bang on too much. They say 5 times and you are a local on the Island, I’m getting there!
4) Perform 1 stand up routine to more people than my family – Watch this space…
5) Grow my business – I had to have one sensible one in there! Plenty of plans already in motion here!
6) Visit at least 1 think visibility and 1 a4u expo and actually sit in some sessions – Hopefully see you all at some sessions throughout the year.
7) Move out of my parents house – Sorry Dad, I’m already looking at places! Just need to decide where in the country I want to be, with friends all over it’s a hard decision!
8.) Change at least 1 persons life – Although I do loan out through KIVA, sometimes you need to help in a more hands on way. I loved volunteering at hospital radio, so I’m going to find a project near by where I can hopefully help make a difference. An hour a week is not a lot to give I don’t think.
9) Lose weight (come on – it had to be there) – Yeah yeah, I know – but I do need to shed a few pounds for the sake of my dodgy knees. Too much time sat at a desk and not enough moving is not a healthy way to live, so hopefully I can find a sport that doesn’t impact on my knees too badly nor make me look ridiculous!
10) Find some love in my life – Tinker, whilst giving cuddles at night, just isn’t a great conversationalist! Watch out boys, I’m looking for love!
11) Visit Friends More – I have friends all over, I have made promises to visit Swansea, Plymouth, London, Oxford, Newcastle and more – bring on the driving tunes!
12) Aptly I’ll finish on 12. I want to learn a new word each day! There must be an app for that?